Accessibility Plan Pursuant to the Accessibly for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2016 This Accessibility Plan for pH digital marketing outlines the policies, practices and actions that pH digital marketing will implement in its Ontario operations over a multi-year period (the “Plan”) to improve accessibility for individuals with disabilities. The Plan also incorporates and references pH digital marketing existing accessibility policies and practices in an effort to streamline the company’s efforts in achieving its accessibility goals and to comply with all applicable laws.
1. Statement of Commitment:pH digital marketing is committed to ensuring that we provide services to our clients and client representatives with disabilities in an accessible manner and in a way that respects the dignity and independence of those individuals. The Company’s commitment to ensuring accessible service is part of our overall objectives of providing excellent client service and promoting diversity. We are committed to meeting the needs of all individuals with disabilities in a timely manner and will identify and remove barriers to accessibility in the Company’s operations and services. We believe in integration and equal opportunity. We are committed to ensuring compliances with the accessibility requirements contained in the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disability Act, 2005 and its regulations (“AODA”). The Human Resources team at pH digital marketing will be responsible for ensuring that the Company implements the obligations contained in this Plan in Accordance with this Statement of Commitment.
2. Customer Service:pH digital marketing maintains an accessibility policy in respect of our customer service, along with appropriate feedback mechanisms with respect to that policy. We remain committed to complying with this policy and will review it on an ongoing basis for any required changes in order to promote accessibility within our client service operations. pH digital marketing has procedures in place to notify the public of service disruptions to the accessible parts of our office and to prevent such disruptions to the extent reasonably possible.
3. Accessible Emergency Information:pH digital marketing is committed to providing clients and other their parties with publically available emergency information in an accessible manner, upon request. We will also provide employees with disabilities with individualized emergency response information where necessary, in accordance with AODA. pH digital marketing will take steps to determine whether employees require individualized emergency response information as part of our on-boarding process for new employees and our continuing occupational health & safety training.
4. Training:pH digital marketing has completed the training required by the Accessibility Standards for Customer Service under AODA and continue to provide updated training to new staff as required. pH digital marketing will ensure that that training is provided to employees, volunteers and other staff (including all persons who participate in the development of our policies and provide goods and services on our behalf) regarding the AODA and the Ontario human Rights Code as it pertains individuals with disabilities as required by the AODA. The content and delivery of such training will be determined on the job duties of employees. Required training will be delivered in a variety of formats and will be tracked to ensure completion of the training program.
5. Kiosks: It has been determined that the Company does not maintain kiosks. However, to the extent that kiosks are acquired or operated in the future, pH digital marketing will consider accessibility issues at that time.
6. Information and Communications:pH digital marketing is committed to meeting the communication needs of individuals with disabilities. pH digital marketing will, in consultation with such individuals, provide information and communications in an accessible format in a timely manner. Such information and communications will be provided at no cost or at a cost that is no more than any regular cost. Prior to January 1, 2016, pH digital marketing will develop practices to ensure that it can make information accessible to individuals with disabilities upon request. pH digital marketing is committed to ensuring that individuals with disabilities have the ability to access the company’s feedback processes. pH digital marketing will ensure that all websites and content conform to WCAG 2.0, Level AA by January 1, 2021 and on an on-going basis will ensure a process is in place to confirm these obligations as any new content or sites are created or existing content is significantly refreshed to meet 2021 obligations.
7. Employment: pH digital marketing is committed to accessible employment practices by removing any barriers that prevent or hinder the recruitment, retention and career development of employees with disabilities. On or before January 1, 2016, we will take the following steps to ensure compliance with AODA:
• Notify our employees, potential candidates and the public that pH digital marketing accommodates people with disabilities as required by law, at all times during the recruitment process and during the course of employment, including making such information available in accessible formats;
• The HR and Leadership teams at pH digital marketing will be trained with respect to the accommodations for persons with disabilities to ensure that the needs of employees with disabilities are considered in performance management and career development processes and strategies;
• pH digital marketing will renew its employment-related documentation for Ontario employees to ensure that such documentation is compliance with AODA and its regulations; and
• pH digital marketing will ensure its continuing commitment to developing individual accommodation and return to work plans whenever appropriate.
8. Return to Work Process: pH digital marketing is committed to supporting employees in the return to work process when they have been absent from work due to disability and require disability-related accommodations in order to return to work. pH digital marketing will develop a documented return to work process. The process will outline the steps to be taken in order to facilitate the return to work of employees who were absent from work due to their disability we will develop documented individual accommodation plans as part of the return to work process for employees who were absent from work due to disability.
• pH digital marketing will ensure that all its employees are covered under the LTD program and we will continuously work with our benefits provider to ensure and safe and healthy transition back into the workforce.
9. Performance Management, Career Development and Advancement and Redeployment: pH digital marketing will take into account the accessibility needs of its employees with disabilities and individual accommodation plans, if any, when using performance management, providing career development and advancement, and/or redeploying employees. pH digital marketing will review its current practices regarding performance management, career development and advancement, and redeployment to ensure they comply with the Regulation.
• pH digital marketing will ensure that managers, supervisors and directors understand their responsibility to take accessibility needs and individual accommodation plans into account when using performance management, when providing career development and advancement, and when redeploying employees.
• pH digital marketing will provide information regarding performance management, career development and advancement, and redeployment in an accessible format upon request.
10. Design of Public Spaces: At the present time, pH digital marketing does not plan on developing or redeveloping any of its public spaces, as defined in the Design of Public Spaces Standard. However, should it choose to do so, pH digital marketing will ensure pH digital marketing that our leadership teams are fully aware of the AODA requirements and will work with relevant designers, engineers, builders and other experts and third parties involved in the builds or modifications to ensure that all necessary requirements are met.
11. Modification of the Plan:pH digital marketing will consider accessibility in all aspects of its business and operations, and will endeavor to identify and remove accessibility barriers going forward.
For More Information For more information on our accessibility policy and plan or to obtain accessible formats of this document, which are complimentary, please contact Patrick Herman, Chief Digital Marketer at 416.639.9872 or email@example.com.