Business Development Manager
About the Role:
Make no mistake, this is a sales role. However this likely isn't a sales role like you've had or seen in the past. Yes, there's prospecting, cold-calling, developing decks. There's also support, a team that will stand with you and push together to get your sales quota's met. In fact, in almost every situation you'll have a team member at every sales meeting supporting you.
You'll be selling our perfomance digital marketing services. We may be offering some of the same things other agencies offer but you're in luck! We package them up in ways that drive client success, not just to sell something. And do you know what that means? Happier clients and bigger commission cheques.
We don't expect you to be a digital marketing wizard, we'll support you every step of the way. You will need to know the basics of how things work in: SEO, Paid Search, Paid Social, websites and other 3rd party tools that we use to ensure client success.
This position is home-based but we won't leave you twiddling your fingers. We'll provide you with the resources you'll need for success. That being said you will need to have a car in order to get to the various sales meetings.
About the Company:
We are the cool guys. We're the up and coming digital agency that's about to unleash a hailstorm of of disruption on the industry. It's nice and all when other agencies say how they're passionate, people-first, love this that and the next thing... and then you get there and it's all "this feels just like the last place". That won't be us. We do good work, we live stress-free, we have some truly amazing clients, and we're gearing up to take on the rest of the industry and make our mark. You know how the Raptors toiled, worked hard, set a plan in motion and then won it all? Yup, we'll be honest, we're toiling right now but our plan is also in place and we're going to get there! We just might need you for that ride.
Who You Are:
You have a good grasp of digital marketing, you're a people person and not afraid to connect with decision-makers. You can talk, woo and win over prospects with your amazing self. This means networking, picking up the phone and even walking in to meet people. What sets us apart from the rest is being in-person and customer-friendly. You accept hard work gets results and those results get you paid.
What You’ll Do:
- Hunt for new business opportunities in your target market;
- Find new business opportunities by researching various market verticals, organisations and individuals online, in-person and through cold-calling;
Open to attending trade shows and speaking with vendors as well as attendees;
- Contact prospects, win over the gate-keeper and ultimately getting that all-important first meeting;
- Understand the prospects needs, competition and be able to offer strategic advice on the fly or through research;
- Stay on top of our pricing, packages and other marketing materials;
- Able to meet sales objectives.
What You’ll Have:
- University or College diploma in related field with 0-2 years’ experience;
- Great Excel and PowerPoint skills;
- Strong knowledge in SEO, Paid Search, Paid Social and website design;
- Excellent communication and relationship building skills with a proven track record of success;
- A positive personality and no issues connecting with people;
- Excellent presentation skills with the ability to present (in person, web conferencing);
What We Offer:
- Work from home;
- No work on holidays;
- Earnings structure that rewards results (we'll explain in person).
Please submit your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
pH digital marketing is committed to removing accessibility barriers and meeting legislative requirements under the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA). We are an equal opportunity employer and are committed to providing accommodations should they be required.